#1 EDI Software for Energy & Utilities
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows businesses to effectively communicate and process business transactions electronically. This is no different for the deregulated, multi-player energy market, in which accurate and rapid data communication is critical. DataTrans all-in-multichannel EDI and eCommerce solution, is the ideal solution for the secure exchange of information between all types of utilities and petroleum-related trading partners.
All-In-One Multichannel Solution
- Automate processing and operations with DataTrans
- Simplify processes, improve accuracy and minimize data entry
- Efficiently manage activity and process transactions all within WebEDI
- Connect to your entire network on one portal and maintain compliance
- Scalable portal that integrates with any application and business system
lower monthly fees
Special drop ship rates
live phone support
Many states have mandated that utility companies use EDI technology to send enrollments or to receive meter readings from transmission and distribution providers. However the cost of developing that technology to meet compliance in one state, let alone address inter-state transactions, is prohibitive. Many companies are increasingly seeing the benefits of outsourcing this process. DataTrans Solutions has the expertise and experience to assist with the considerable data and transaction processing capabilities required. This includes the establishment of communication channels, transaction sets, management of transmissions, trading partner support, integration with a company’s back end system, translation and mapping services, and error resolution.
Maintaining full compliance
DataTrans experience in this sector includes compliance with the following:
GISB EDM Gas Industry Standards Board Electronic Delivery Mechanism) standards require that all transaction data be exchanged in a standardized format (ANSI X12). These standards also specify the Internet communication protocol used to exchange the files electronically.
- Secure HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) which allows entities to securely and reliably transmit and receive EDI
- XML ( Extensible Markup Language) which is capable of supporting both batch and interactive processing
NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board). DataTrans will assist companies in implementing NAESB EDM for the reliable, secure exchange of transactions over the Internet between gas and electric utilities trading partners. There are several methods of communication that can be implemented including:
- EDI/EDM Transfer – The transfer of EDI files via the Internet using the NAESB Internet Electronic Transport (Internet ET) mechanism.
- FF/EDM Transfer – The transfer of “flat files via the Internet using the NAESB Internet ET mechanism.
Utilities EDI Transactions
EDI transactions vary based on trading partner requirements. Easily process and manage all of your EDI transactions from one simple, easy-to-use portal. Integrate EDI transactions into your ERP, 3PL, WMS or 3PL for a complete automation. Some of the standard ASC X12 transactions typically exchanged for the utilities industry include:
- 248 Account Assignment
- 568 Payment Advisement
- 568 Accounts Receivable
- 810 Invoice (Bill Ready, Rate Ready and Single Retailer)
- 814 Enrollment Request/Response
- 814 Consumption History Request & Response
- 814 Drop Request & Response
- 814 Account Maintenance
- 814 Reinstatement
- 820 Remittance (Utility Billing and Utility Rate Ready Billing)
- 824 Application Advice
- 824 Positive Notification
- 832 Price Notification
- 852 Inventory Report
- 867 Consumption History/Gas Profile
- 867 Monthly Usage
Connect With ANY Trading Partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based EDI portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. View a few of our trading partners below. For more information select below to find your trading partner and connect today.