Warehouse Shipping Order
EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order
An EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order is an EDI transaction that is sent by a supplier to authorize the third party logistics company (3PL) or warehouse to ship to the buyer such as a retailer, grocer, distributor or trading partner. EDI 940 is a request for shipment of goods from a 3PL or warehouse to the buyer. EDI 940 instructs the supplier's 3PL or warehouse what, how much and when to ship. It can also be used to modify or cancel an existing EDI 940 transaction.
All-In-One Multichannel Solution & Workflow Automation
- All-In-One multichannel EDI & eCommerce solution
- Affordable, simple, easy to use, scalable cloud-based EDI and eCommerce portal
- Process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI to ensure on-time delivery
- Easy to print UCC-128 labels, BOLs, packing slips and other shipping documents
- Connect to all your trading partners and eCommerce marketplaces through WebEDI
- Integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more
Easy Order Fulfillment
EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order Key Data Elements
- Purchase Order number
- Warehouse order detailers, item identifiers, order description and unit quantities
- Ship-to location
- Requested ship date
- Shipping instructions
How to Use EDI 940 Transaction
EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Orders are used by suppliers, manufacturers and sellers to ship goods from a third party logistics company or warehouse to the retailer, grocer or buyer/trading partner's location. The EDI 940 provides the information to the warehouse or 3PL of products to ship, quantities to ship and when to ship.
Additionally, the EDI 940 transaction can be used to modify or cancel and existing Warehouse Shipping Order.
When the warehouse or 3PL receives the EDI 940 transaction, once processed they'll respond to the supplier with an EDI 945 Warehouse Shippping Notice, which notifies the supplier of the pending shipment and estimated delivery date.
EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order Benefits
- Simplifies fulfillment by eliminating manual processes for both supplier and 3PL or warehouse
- Eliminates manual data entry, errors, discrepancies and delays
- Improves data accuracy of information exchanged between trading partners
- Enhances efficiency, automates fulfillment and provides real-time visibility
- Reduces costs and labor with automatic transmission of documents
Other Common X12 EDI Transactions
- (EDI 810) Invoice
- (EDI 830) Planning Schedule with Release Capability
- (EDI 846) Inventory/Inquiry Advice
- (EDI 850) Purchase Order
- (EDI 855) Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- (EDI 860) Purchase Order Change Request – Buyer Initiated
- (EDI 945) Warehouse Shipping Advice
View full list of the most commonly used EDI transactions
LOWER MONTHLY FEES
SPECIAL DROP SHIP RATES
LIVE PHONE SUPPORT
EDI Made Easy & Affordable
Seamlessly fulfill orders with DataTrans multichannel all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution, WebEDI. WebEDI provides an easy and affordable way to become EDI capable and compliant. Easily manage, process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI. As your business evolves, WebEDI scales by integrating with any application including any shipping service, accounting program, WMS, 3PL, ERP, API connection and more. How does WebEDI work? Simple, view our video or contact us for more information.
of Trading Partners
Connect with any trading partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI service provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. Scroll through to view a few of our trading partners below. For more information select see all trading partners.
Easily integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, eCommerce solution, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more.explore integrations
DataTrans is the industry's most trusted EDI and eCommerce service provider. We take pride in providing live, responsive, knowledgeable U.S.-based support. DataTrans acts as an extension of your company, your very own EDI department helping you connect, automate and expand your business. Learn more about DataTrans, read our reviews & get started today.
I personally have been working with Datatrans for over 10+. DataTrans services, customer support and tech capabilities/offerings are like no other. We just recently we migrated from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online. All I can say is WOW! They had us up an running in no time and communicated with us every step of the way. They are truly partners in every sense of the word. I will never use anyone else!
-Shannon Peters, LunchSkins
Learn more about LunchSkins
AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
From the very beginning, the analyst that I was working with was very knowledgeable and supportive. Within a short amount of time your team was able to make customizations to allow us to better assist our customers. The WebEDI portal is a definite plus because it provides us with all of the detailed information that we need and it is very easy to navigate. Lastly, your customer support staff is simply amazing!! They provide us with the assistance we need in a timely manner no matter the situation. We look forward to continuing our partnership with DataTrans for years to come!!
– LaToya Torrance , AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
Learn more about AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
LatchPal by Happy Fig
We’re thrilled to be working with DataTrans; they provide wonderful customer service, understand our organization’s needs, and have delivered custom solutions to help us grow. DataTrans is a true partner in every sense of the word. So glad we’ve found them.
Melissa LaHann, LatchPal by Happy Fig
Learn more about LatchPal