EDI 894 Delivery/ Return Base Record
The EDI 894 transaction is an electronic Delivery/ Return Base Record (also known as ANSI X12 EDI 894. EDI 894 Delivery/ Return Base Record is sent by a supplier to the buyer of a pending direct-store-delivery (DSD) shipment which tells the buyer the order has shipped and is on the way and includes details such as the items and quantities shipped. Grocery suppliers use an EDI 894 to provide real-time visibility for their grocers, retailers and trading partners. An EDI 894 communicates the receiving details to their buyer and its stores in advance (similar to an EDI 856).
Order Fulfillment Made Easy
- All-In-One multichannel EDI & eCommerce solution
- Affordable, simple, easy to use, scalable cloud-based EDI and eCommerce portal
- Process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI to ensure on-time delivery
- Easy to print UCC-128 labels, BOLs, packing slips and other shipping documents
- Connect to all your trading partners and eCommerce marketplaces through WebEDI
- Integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more
Automate, Simplify & Streamline
EDI 894 Delivery/ Return Base Record specifications and key data elements include:
- Purchase order number
- Pricing and/or promotions of the delivered products
- Product identification numbers and quantities delivered
- Delivery date of shipment
Benefits of using EDI 894 Delivery/ Return Base Record
- Allows buyers to modify an order such as quantities for inventory management and demand planning
- Enhances efficiency, automates fulfillment and provides real-time visibility
- Improves data accuracy of information exchanged between trading partners
- Eliminates pricing and/or promotion discrepancies
Other Common X12 EDI Transactions
- (EDI 810) Invoice
- (EDI 830) Planning Schedule with Release Capability
- (EDI 846) Inventory/Inquiry Advice
- (EDI 850) Purchase Order
- (EDI 855) Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- (EDI 856) Advance Shipment Notice
View full list of the most commonly used EDI transactions
LOWER MONTHLY FEES
SPECIAL DROP SHIP RATES
LIVE PHONE SUPPORT
EDI Made Easy & Affordable
Seamlessly fulfill orders with DataTrans multichannel all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution, WebEDI. WebEDI provides an easy and affordable way to become EDI capable and compliant. Easily manage, process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI. As your business evolves, WebEDI scales by integrating with any application including any shipping service, accounting program, WMS, 3PL, ERP, API connection and more. How does WebEDI work? Simple, view our video or contact us for more information.
of Trading Partners
Connect with any trading partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI service provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. Scroll through to view a few of our trading partners below. For more information select see all trading partners.
Easily integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, eCommerce solution, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more.explore integrations
DataTrans is the industry's most trusted EDI and eCommerce service provider. We take pride in providing live, responsive, knowledgeable U.S.-based support. DataTrans acts as an extension of your company, your very own EDI department helping you connect, automate and expand your business. Learn more about DataTrans, read our reviews & get started today.
I personally have been working with Datatrans for over 10+. DataTrans services, customer support and tech capabilities/offerings are like no other. We just recently we migrated from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online. All I can say is WOW! They had us up an running in no time and communicated with us every step of the way. They are truly partners in every sense of the word. I will never use anyone else!
-Shannon Peters, LunchSkins
Learn more about LunchSkins
AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
From the very beginning, the analyst that I was working with was very knowledgeable and supportive. Within a short amount of time your team was able to make customizations to allow us to better assist our customers. The WebEDI portal is a definite plus because it provides us with all of the detailed information that we need and it is very easy to navigate. Lastly, your customer support staff is simply amazing!! They provide us with the assistance we need in a timely manner no matter the situation. We look forward to continuing our partnership with DataTrans for years to come!!
– LaToya Torrance , AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
Learn more about AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
LatchPal by Happy Fig
We’re thrilled to be working with DataTrans; they provide wonderful customer service, understand our organization’s needs, and have delivered custom solutions to help us grow. DataTrans is a true partner in every sense of the word. So glad we’ve found them.
Melissa LaHann, LatchPal by Happy Fig
Learn more about LatchPal