EDI 865 Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request - Seller Initiated
The EDI 865 transaction is an electronic Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request - Seller Initiated (also known as X12 EDI 865). EDI 865 Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request - Seller initiated is used for two purposes: acknowledge the acceptance or rejection of previous POs (EDI 850) changes by the buyer or to request changes from buyers for previous POs.
Order Fulfillment Made Easy
- All-In-One multichannel EDI & eCommerce solution
- Affordable, simple, easy to use, scalable cloud-based EDI and eCommerce portal
- Process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI to ensure on-time delivery
- Easy to print UCC-128 labels, BOLs, packing slips and other shipping documents
- Connect to all your trading partners and eCommerce marketplaces through WebEDI
- Integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more
Automate, Simplify & Streamline
EDI 865 Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request - Seller Initiated specifications and key data elements include:
- Purchase order number, reference number, vendor number
- Billing and ship-to information
- Shipping instructions and carrier details
- Item details, product/service identifiers, descriptions, quantities and prices
- Reason for the order change
- Data elements/code indicating the PO change: Add additional items (AI), Changes to the line items (CA), Price changes (PC), Quantity increase (QI), Quantity decrease (QD)
- Data elements/code indicating acknowledgement change: Item accepted - date rescheduled (DR), Item accepted (IA), Item accepted - changes made (IC), Item deleted (ID), Item accepted - quantity changed (IQ)
EDI 865 Transaction Benefits
- Enhances efficiency, automates fulfillment and provides real-time visibility
- Improves data accuracy of information exchanged between trading partners
- Eliminates manual data entry, errors, discrepancies and delays
- Reduces costs and labor with automatic transmission of documents
How to Use EDI 865 Transaction
- Buyer submit an EDI 850 Purchase Order to the supplier the procurement cycle
- The supplier responds with an EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- If the buyer needs to make any changes to the original PO, the buyer will send an EDI 860 Purchase Order Change Request - Buyer Initiated
- The supplier responds with an EDI 865 Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request indicating the change has been accepted or rejected.
Alternatively, the supplier can also initiate an EDI 865 Purchage Order Change Acknowledgement/ Request making changes to the original PO received from the buyer.
LOWER MONTHLY FEES
SPECIAL DROP SHIP RATES
LIVE PHONE SUPPORT
EDI Made Easy & Affordable
Seamlessly fulfill orders with DataTrans multichannel all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution, WebEDI. WebEDI provides an easy and affordable way to become EDI capable and compliant. Easily manage, process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI. As your business evolves, WebEDI scales by integrating with any application including any shipping service, accounting program, WMS, 3PL, ERP, API connection and more. How does WebEDI work? Simple, view our video or contact us for more information.
of Trading Partners
Connect with any trading partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI service provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. Scroll through to view a few of our trading partners below. For more information select see all trading partners.
Easily integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, eCommerce solution, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more.explore integrations
DataTrans is the industry's most trusted EDI and eCommerce service provider. We take pride in providing live, responsive, knowledgeable U.S.-based support. DataTrans acts as an extension of your company, your very own EDI department helping you connect, automate and expand your business. Learn more about DataTrans, read our reviews & get started today.
I personally have been working with Datatrans for over 10+. DataTrans services, customer support and tech capabilities/offerings are like no other. We just recently we migrated from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online. All I can say is WOW! They had us up an running in no time and communicated with us every step of the way. They are truly partners in every sense of the word. I will never use anyone else!
-Shannon Peters, LunchSkins
Learn more about LunchSkins
AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
From the very beginning, the analyst that I was working with was very knowledgeable and supportive. Within a short amount of time your team was able to make customizations to allow us to better assist our customers. The WebEDI portal is a definite plus because it provides us with all of the detailed information that we need and it is very easy to navigate. Lastly, your customer support staff is simply amazing!! They provide us with the assistance we need in a timely manner no matter the situation. We look forward to continuing our partnership with DataTrans for years to come!!
– LaToya Torrance , AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
Learn more about AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
LatchPal by Happy Fig
We’re thrilled to be working with DataTrans; they provide wonderful customer service, understand our organization’s needs, and have delivered custom solutions to help us grow. DataTrans is a true partner in every sense of the word. So glad we’ve found them.
Melissa LaHann, LatchPal by Happy Fig
Learn more about LatchPal