EDI 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice
An EDI 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice (also known as x12 846) is most commonly used by retaiilers to inquire about a supplier's inventory levels and for suppliers to advise on the numbers of units in stock. EDI 846 also informs the retailer future availability of inventory.
Depending on the retailers EDI requirements, the 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice can be sent by the supplier multiple times a day to a few times a week. EDI 846 is most commonly used in eCommerce order fulfillment and dropshipping.
Order Fulfillment Made Easy
- All-In-One multichannel EDI & eCommerce solution
- Affordable, simple, easy to use, scalable cloud-based EDI and eCommerce portal
- Process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI to ensure on-time delivery
- Easy to print UCC-128 labels, BOLs, packing slips and other shipping documents
- Connect to all your trading partners and eCommerce marketplaces through WebEDI
- Integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more
Automate Procurement Process
EDI 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice Key Data Elements
- Inventory date
- Identification number
- Product items identifiers/services such as UPC, EAN, GTIN and quantities
Other data elements of the EDI 846 can include:
- Vendor number
- Item description
- Out of stock items and restock dates
- Discontinued products
- Supplier 3PL/warehouse locations and quantities
- Additional item identifiers such as buyer item or vendor part number
EDI 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice Benefits
- Greater visibility and inventory management and planning
- Simplifies fulfillment by eliminating manual processes for all parties
- Improves data accuracy of information exchanged between trading partners
- Eliminates manual data entry, errors, discrepancies and delays
- Enhances efficiency, automates fulfillment and strengthen communications
- Reduces costs and labor with automatic transmission of documents
- Enables both suppliers and retailers to better manage eCommerce fulfillment and dropshipping
Common Issues Regarding EDI 846
A significant challenge companies encounter is the lack of an accurate inventory system which the EDI 846 requires inventory accuracy. Also, depending on the retailers EDI requirements, it is important to respond with the 846 quickly. The 846 can be required up tp multiple times a day or several times a week. Find out how DataTrans can help you overcome these challenges with our all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution and workflow automation.
LOWER MONTHLY FEES
SPECIAL DROP SHIP RATES
LIVE PHONE SUPPORT
EDI Made Easy & Affordable
Seamlessly fulfill orders with DataTrans multichannel all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution, WebEDI. WebEDI provides an easy and affordable way to become EDI capable and compliant. Easily manage, process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI. As your business evolves, WebEDI scales by integrating with any application including any shipping service, accounting program, WMS, 3PL, ERP, API connection and more. How does WebEDI work? Simple, view our video or contact us for more information.
of Trading Partners
Connect with any trading partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI service provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. Scroll through to view a few of our trading partners below. For more information select see all trading partners.
Easily integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, eCommerce solution, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more.explore integrations
DataTrans is the industry's most trusted EDI and eCommerce service provider. We take pride in providing live, responsive, knowledgeable U.S.-based support. DataTrans acts as an extension of your company, your very own EDI department helping you connect, automate and expand your business. Learn more about DataTrans, read our reviews & get started today.
I personally have been working with Datatrans for over 10+. DataTrans services, customer support and tech capabilities/offerings are like no other. We just recently we migrated from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online. All I can say is WOW! They had us up an running in no time and communicated with us every step of the way. They are truly partners in every sense of the word. I will never use anyone else!
-Shannon Peters, LunchSkins
Learn more about LunchSkins
AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
From the very beginning, the analyst that I was working with was very knowledgeable and supportive. Within a short amount of time your team was able to make customizations to allow us to better assist our customers. The WebEDI portal is a definite plus because it provides us with all of the detailed information that we need and it is very easy to navigate. Lastly, your customer support staff is simply amazing!! They provide us with the assistance we need in a timely manner no matter the situation. We look forward to continuing our partnership with DataTrans for years to come!!
– LaToya Torrance , AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
Learn more about AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
LatchPal by Happy Fig
We’re thrilled to be working with DataTrans; they provide wonderful customer service, understand our organization’s needs, and have delivered custom solutions to help us grow. DataTrans is a true partner in every sense of the word. So glad we’ve found them.
Melissa LaHann, LatchPal by Happy Fig
Learn more about LatchPal