EDI 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message
The EDI 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message (also known as x12 214) is an EDI transaction used by transportation carriers (such as trucking companies) to provide shippers with the status of their shipments. EDI 214 informs the shipper of details such as when the carrier arrives to and departs from the pickup location and when the load arrives and the carrier has left the loading dock at the at the designated destination.
All-In-One Multichannel Solution & Workflow Automation
- All-In-One multichannel EDI & eCommerce solution
- Affordable, simple, easy to use, scalable cloud-based EDI and eCommerce portal
- Process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI to ensure on-time delivery
- Easy to print UCC-128 labels, BOLs, packing slips and other shipping documents
- Connect to all your trading partners and eCommerce marketplaces through WebEDI
- Integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more
Easy Fulfillment, Shipping & Tracking
Key data elements in an EDI 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message include
- Purchase order information
- Shipment description/bill of lading
- Ship from location
- Shipment destination
- Shipment status details
- Expected delivery date
- Proof of delivery
Benefits of EDI 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message
- Provides retailers greater visibility to plan ahead if there are delays in shipment and ability to adjust loading dock schedules, staffing and more
- Allows shippers insight to reconcile details (such as BOL, PO number, SCAC code, delivery details) prior to paying the carriers
- Enables shippers to evaluate carrier performance
- Eliminates manual data entry, errors, discrepancies and delays
- Enhances efficiency, automates processing and provides real-time visibility
- Reduces costs and labor with automatic transmission of documents
EDI 214 Specification
EDI 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message can be used by transportation carriers to provide shippers and trading partners, with shipment status that includes estimated delivery date, locations, shipment route, identifying numbers and more.
Other Common X12 EDI Transactions
- (EDI 210) Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice
- (EDI 211) Motor Carrier Bill of Lading
- (ED 214) Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message
- (EDI 846) Inventory Inquiry/Advice
- (EDI 856) Advance Shipment Notice
- (EDI 940) Warehouse Shipping Order
- (EDI 943) Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice
- (EDI 944) Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice
- (EDI 945) Warehouse Shipping Advice
- (EDI 947) Warehouse Inventory Adjustment Advice
- (EDI 990) Response to a Load Tender
LOWER MONTHLY FEES
SPECIAL DROP SHIP RATES
LIVE PHONE SUPPORT
EDI Made Easy & Affordable
Seamlessly fulfill orders with DataTrans multichannel all-in-one EDI and eCommerce solution, WebEDI. WebEDI provides an easy and affordable way to become EDI capable and compliant. Easily manage, process and fulfill orders all within WebEDI. As your business evolves, WebEDI scales by integrating with any application including any shipping service, accounting program, WMS, 3PL, ERP, API connection and more. How does WebEDI work? Simple, view our video or contact us for more information.
of Trading Partners
Connect with any trading partner
DataTrans is the leading EDI service provider that maintains connections with thousands of companies allowing users to easily manage activity within our cloud-based portal, WebEDI. We are constantly adding new companies to our network and we try to keep this list as current as possible. Scroll through to view a few of our trading partners below. For more information select see all trading partners.
Easily integrate with any shipping service, accounting program, eCommerce solution, ERP, 3PL, WMS, API connection and more.explore integrations
DataTrans is the industry's most trusted EDI and eCommerce service provider. We take pride in providing live, responsive, knowledgeable U.S.-based support. DataTrans acts as an extension of your company, your very own EDI department helping you connect, automate and expand your business. Learn more about DataTrans, read our reviews & get started today.
I personally have been working with Datatrans for over 10+. DataTrans services, customer support and tech capabilities/offerings are like no other. We just recently we migrated from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online. All I can say is WOW! They had us up an running in no time and communicated with us every step of the way. They are truly partners in every sense of the word. I will never use anyone else!
-Shannon Peters, LunchSkins
Learn more about LunchSkins
AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
From the very beginning, the analyst that I was working with was very knowledgeable and supportive. Within a short amount of time your team was able to make customizations to allow us to better assist our customers. The WebEDI portal is a definite plus because it provides us with all of the detailed information that we need and it is very easy to navigate. Lastly, your customer support staff is simply amazing!! They provide us with the assistance we need in a timely manner no matter the situation. We look forward to continuing our partnership with DataTrans for years to come!!
– LaToya Torrance , AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
Learn more about AMG Engineering & Machining, Inc.
LatchPal by Happy Fig
We’re thrilled to be working with DataTrans; they provide wonderful customer service, understand our organization’s needs, and have delivered custom solutions to help us grow. DataTrans is a true partner in every sense of the word. So glad we’ve found them.
Melissa LaHann, LatchPal by Happy Fig
Learn more about LatchPal