30 Apr 837 Claims Processing Benefits
HIPAA (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) EDI claims processing standardizes electronic medical transactions for healthcare providers, payers and clearinghouses all while protecting patient medical information. On March 31, 2012 HIPAA EDI claims processing standard was implemented.
EDI 837 Healthcare Claim Transaction is the most common medical transaction. The EDI 837 claim is submission of healthcare information to insurance payers, clearinghouses, etc. which includes:
- Healthcare provider details
- Patient medical information such as medical history or health condition
- Patient insurance plan
- Services provided, diagnosis code and procedure code(s) if applicable
Benefits of EDI 837 Healthcare Claims Transaction
- Improves accuracy of information exchanged
- Identifies errors and prevents processing delays which allows for timely filing
- Enhances information for all parties involved – the patient, healthcare provider, insurance payers and clearinghouses
- Ensures accurate, secure, reliable claims processing
Reducing Healthcare Costs
DataTrans empowers our users to operate at peak efficiency with our cloud-based EDI and eCommerce solutions. Hopewell Risk Strategies Group helps healthcare payers combat rising healthcare costs. Hopewell turned to DataTrans to streamline their internal processes of receiving and sending EDI 837 Healthcare Claims to and from insurance companies. Companies and consumers spend over $68 billion on incorrect healthcare bills each year, to reduce inaccurate information exchanged and errors, insurance payers turn to Hopewell. Hopewell focuses on reducing healthcare costs and advocates on behalf of patients. Hopewell Group’s EDI 837 transaction process can be seen below:
DataTrans scalable and customizable EDI solutions simplifies HIPAA claims process, improves operational efficiency, and ensures accurate claims submission. Turn to DataTrans for affordable, secure and reliable HIPAA EDI claims processing. Contact us to learn more about how we can support your Healthcare HIPAA claims processing.
Stay Connected with DataTrans Solutions: